16 Jul 2012
Don't you just love it when...
2. In the middle of changing the aforementioned poo filled nappy the little monkey decides to flip over as you are reaching for the wipes.
3. After struggling with the little monkey to get her in a nappy changing position again, you smear on the Sudocrem, only for the little monkey to flip again and get cream all over your trousers.
4. You turn up for an appointment, smugly thinking you're early to find you're a week too early.
5. You head outside into the sunshine thinking there's no way it will rain. I won't bother with carrying the extra coats around. A few minutes later it pours.
6. You head outside in the rain, duffle coated up. Hat on the wee one. You're thinking there's no way it will warm up. A few minutes later you're sweating and having to carry extra coats and hats.
7. You offer someone a lift home, only you've forgotten your car is a dump from the earlier bribe of "sit in your carseat and i'll give you every toy you own and lots of food".
8. You slide into your comfy bed with a weary body and tired eyes ready to slip off into the land of nod. Then your little one wakes up needing a special mummy cuddle.
9. You sneak into the little one's room to watch them sleeping only to fall over an offending toy and let out a little yelp of pain, waking them in the process.
10. The wee one just goes down for a nap, you sink into the sofa with a drink, slice of toast and your laptop, ready to indulge in a bit of you time and the phone rings / door buzzer goes.
Then your monkey gives you one of their cheeky grins and a special little cuddle and everything else doesn't matter.
Photo credit: http://www.legaljuice.com/